Half Term Ski Holidays in France and Austria
February is one of the most popular months in which to go skiing, with great snow conditions, longer days and of course the UK February half term holidays. Whether you are a family of four looking for a private ski experience, a larger family group looking for sole occupancy of a chalet, or happy to share a larger chalet or hotel with other like-minded families, we’re confident we have a half term ski holiday just perfect for you.
February Half Term
Dates often differ across the UK, so be sure to check with your children’s school to confirm when their February half term is. This holiday date is hugely popular, and so when planning you should also consider booking childcare or children’s ski schools as early as possible to ensure you don’t miss out.
Where to go
When deciding which resort might be right for your February half term ski holiday, it’s important to consider the options and determine which aspect of the holiday is most important. Here is a list of things to consider;
- Regional flights: Keeping travel time to a minimum is the best way to start your family ski holiday Flight times: We try to secure flights at a sensible time of the day, so no waking children in the dead of the night to head to the airport.
- Short transfers: We understand children get restless whilst travelling, consider Alpe d’Huez or Morzine for shortest transfers in France, or Lech and St Anton in Austria.
- Childcare: Booking our private nanny service for those with younger children could make all the difference to the enjoyment of your half term ski holiday.
- Ski lessons: Children will progress more quickly and enjoy the group learning environment of children’s ski school. Make sure to book in advance to ensure you don’t miss out.
- Chalet / hotel location: Many of our properties offer ski in – ski out locations or a driver service. This is much easier than trying to get on a resort bus or have a long walk with children in tow to reach the first lift or ski school meeting point.
- Ski area: your children may only be on the beginner slopes but whilst they’re in ski school you need to have plenty of pistes to explore. All our resorts have more than enough skiing for a week’s holiday, with plenty of variety for all abilities. However, depending on the skiing abilities of your family some resorts may be better than others.
- Resort facilities and non-ski activities: Of course the main aim of the holiday is to ski, but researching what other activities and facilities are in your chosen resort is a good idea. Most offer plenty to keep the whole family entertained, on and off the slopes.
France is a firm favourite with returning VIP SKI clients and generally the go-to choice for Brits looking for a half term ski holiday. We have chalets and a hotel in some of the most popular French ski resorts offering snow-sure skiing and plenty of it plus a variety of activities such as swimming, ice skating, tobogganing, or even ice driving.
We offer a private nanny service in each of our French resorts, which may be something to consider, to ensure the children have a fun and enjoyable experience in the mountains, and parents get some well-deserved child-free time on the slopes.
We also work closely with ski school providers and can make recommendations for ski lessons for children of all ages and abilities.
Austria is a popular choice for many when thinking about their half term ski holiday. All three of our Austrian resorts of St Anton, St Christoph and Lech use Friedrichshafen airport, this small airport offers quiet and hassle free access to Austria with a short transfer time to resort.
Ski School Lech provides lessons for children from the age of 3, perfect for introducing your little ones to skiing. In St Anton and St Christoph children can be introduced to skiing from the age of 4 years. There’s plenty to do off the slopes too in Austria; most resorts have an ice rink, toboggan run, horse drawn sleigh rides and dog sledding.
Enjoy a Family Ski Holiday During Half Term
We find most people book their February half term ski holiday many months in advance. Booking early of course gives you the best selection of resorts and chalets.
Looking for half term ski deals?
- Many of our chalets and hotels have family rooms with bunk beds, or extra sofa beds, children occupying these beds travel at half the adult price. This can be a cost effective option for a family of three or four.
- In St Anton children up to 10 years get FREE equipment from Intersport (when parents pay for ski/board hire) what’s not to love about that.
- Half term holidays generally get booked early, but if you prefer to wait until the last minute we will occasionally have special offers.
Call the team today on 0208 875 1957 and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.