A catered chalet holiday is all about the food...Our Executive Chef is passionate about food and hugely sensitive to the appetite of a hungry skier whilst considering a balanced diet. The new and refined menus at our luxury catered ski chalets are heavy enough to reward mountain exertion yet light and simple enough to leave you grinning not groaning.
We have amazing catered chalets in some of the best ski resorts in France including Val d'Isere, Les Gets, Morzine, Avoriaz and Arc 1950. Our luxury ski chalets are great for families or adults only too. As appose to self catered chalets you can just relax and enjoy your time on the slopes.
As well as possessing a flair for entertaining and a genuine love of food, our chalet hosts are friendly, unflappable and exceptionally hard working. Every one of the luxury chalets and hotels in our portfolio offers you a catered ski holiday, so wherever you choose to ski your dedicated chalet host will ensure your mountain exertions are rewarded with sumptuous food and fine wine.
Watch our short video below to see what our previous guests thought of our catered chalets...
All our catered ski chalet holidays include;
- Continental breakfast with a cooked option on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea will be left in the chalet for you to help yourself to freshly made cake or biscuits, bread & jams, selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate
- Canapés on the first and last evening
- 3 course evening meal (6 nights) followed by cheese board and coffee
- A choice of red and white wine is served throughout dinner
If you are staying in one of our larger CLUB chalets then your chef will be offering canapés and a choice of menu on 6 evenings; a little more choice to pander the penchant of everyone in the party.
Holidays to Bear Lodge in Arc 1950 include cooked breakfast and dinner with choice on menu on all 7 days.
Sample menu to whet your appetite
To set you up for a day on the mountain tuck into french pastries, yoghurts, bread, jam, honey, selection of cereals, porridge, and cooked breakfast plus orange juice, coffee & a selection of teas.
Waiting for you on your return from the slopes you can expect delights such as Blueberry & White Chocolate Muffins, Espresso Traybake, Date Slice and Carrot Cake.
Your three course evening meal kicks off with dishes like Beetroot, Goat's Cheese and Red Onion Marmalade Crostini; Pea & Coriander Falafel with Spiced Carrot Salad or Savoyarde Salad.
For main course your host will prepare fresh dishes such as;
- Tarragon Chicken with Rice, Leeks & Green Beans
- Oven baked Mediterranean Cod, Parmentier Potatoes, Crushed peas adn Salsa Verde
- Pork fillet, dauphinoise potatoes, braised red cabbage, mangetout & cidre sauce
If you still have room you can then enjoy something sweet, such as; Blueberry, Ginger & Lime Cheesecake; Chocolate Orange Mousse Cake and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Cheese & Coffee
Retire to the lounge and enjoy a fresh coffee and a selection of cheeses.
The dishes above are examples of what you can expect on the menu, please note it is not a confirmed menu for the upcoming season.
Special dietary requests can be catered for, please advise at the time of booking.
Choose alternative dishes...
Many of our guests have commented that occasionally, after a hard day skiing (and often quite a substantial lunch on the mountain), they would prefer to see a more simple dish on the menu, or maybe a lighter option.
We’ve listened to your requests and can now offer the following menu choices which can be ‘switched in’ from our standard menu plan.
Simply select the dish you wish to switch (listed below 1-5), and select the dish you wish to replace it with (listed below 1-10).
- Tarragon chicken with rice, leeks & green beans.
- Teriyaki beef with egg noodles & stir-fried vegetables.
- Confit duck leg, braised lentils, broccoli & roast butternut squash, and red wine jus.
- Roast cod Putanessca, Parmentier potatoes and grilled courgettes.
- Pork fillet, dauphinoise potatoes, savoy cabbage, apple & red onion marmalade, cider sauce, crispy sage leaves.
‘Switch’ in choices (LO = light option) ….
- Tartiflette with Charcuterie & Green Salad
- Gourmet Burgers with Chunky Chips
- Homemade Lasagne & Green Salad
- Chicken & Chorizo Chowder
- Pork Tenderloin served with Sweet & Sour peppers and Parmentier Potatoes
- Grilled Goats Cheese & Roast Beetroot Salad (LO)
- Pan-fried Salmon Fillet with Sizzled Ginger, Chilli & Red Onion (LO)
- Lemon Baked Chicken and Warm Quinoa Salad (LO)
- Duck Breast Salad with Pears and Roquefort Dressing (LO)
- Homemade Fish Pie served with Seasonal Vegetables
Important notes: Dinner on the first Sunday evening cannot be switched. This is only available for whole chalet bookings and the whole group must all agree on the ‘switch’ i.e. only one dish can be served each night (vegetarians/ special dietary requirements will of course still be catered for). Menu switches must be advised no later than 2 weeks prior to travel in order for us to pass on the details to your chalet host. No limit to switches, you can switch just one, or all 5 meals.
We do understand a holiday can be stressful, particularly if you, or one of your family, have food allergies or special dietary requirements. Our mission is simple; to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. So, to that end we will do everything we can to cater for your needs. Whilst our menu is planned, it is not set in stone and we will always do our best to accommodate preferences and requests.
Unfortunately, most ski resorts simply do not offer the huge selection of Gluten, Lactose or Dairy free products available in UK supermarkets. If you have any dietary requests, food intolerances or food allergies then let us know as soon as possible and we will do our upmost to plan the menu to suit your needs.
In order to plan the menu and source relevant ingredients it is important that you advise us at the time of booking (or at least two weeks before you depart for your holiday). If you have any questions or concerns please do call us to discuss your rquirements, we're more than happy to speak with you to give you confidence that we can deliver a luxury catered chalet holiday to remember.
Sample children's menu
Our chalet hosts serve high tea for children around 5.30-6pm. We require all children under 12 to take high tea unless you book the whole chalet. If you book the whole chalet and would rather your children eat with you later then please advise us at the time of booking along with any dietary requirements your child may have.
Our children's menus are very adaptable and the chalet host will discuss with you on arrival to tailor meals to your children's liking. They can whip up classics such as:
- Crispy chicken goujons with sweet potato wedges & peas
- Spaghetti bolognaise or carbonara
- Cottage Pie with peas and carrots
- Sweet potato fish cakes with rice & broccoli
- Chicken Pie, mashed potatoes & broccoli
- Apple crumble with whipped cream
- Mini blueberry cheese cakes
- Baked banana with vanilla ice cream
- Lemon & raspberry frozen yoghurt sundae
- Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream
Red or white wine?
Our wines are selected by our Chalet Sommelier, Xavier Rousset. Owner of Marylebone’s Blandford Comptoir and Comptoir Café and Wine and co-founder of Cabotte in Gresham Street, Rousset has a successful track record as a restauranteur having successfully opened and run both Texture and the 29-50 Wine Workshop group. He also consults for restaurants both in the UK and abroad who rely on his depth of knowledge of running a successful operation.
A pupil of Gerard Basset at Hotel du Vin, Xavier became the world’s youngest ever Master Sommelier at the age of 23, before moving on to run the wine programme for Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir Aux Quat’ Saisons. With over 20 years’ experience in the industry, Xavier is a highly involved and influential member of the British restaurant and wine trade, often a judge and speaker on key industry panels and also acts as a mentor for young sommeliers embarking on a career in the wine trade.
Alongside our 4 house wines, we have a selection of upgrade wines available to purchase in our chalets. Please click here to see an example wine list.
Please note: Alternative wine and other beverages are available to purchase from the bar in Hotel Theodul in Lech, but will differ from those listed. Wine selection may differ across our resorts, please ask your Chalet Host for the upgrade wine list in your resort
Pre-order your upgrade wines
If you'd like to sample some of our upgrade wines, why not pre-order from our wine list? We can take pre-orders up to two weeks before you travel and your selected wines will be delivered to your chalet. Please note that this is an example only, and availability does vary from resort to resort.