Only the best will do...
We have gone to great lengths to ensure that you will enjoy your ski holiday with childcare, and you will feel absolutely confident in our nannies ability to care for your children. We take on nannies with NNEB or equivalent qualifications, or experienced teachers who pass our own rigorous screening and CRB checks. All nannies then undertake our 2 week training programmes, including a paediatric first aid course.
As keen skiers with little ones ourselves, we fully understand that happy children make for relaxed parents and that quality childcare is an essential ingredient to every family holiday. The growing reputation of our childcare is reflected in the consistently glowing reports received in our questionnaires, and the number of nannies who return to work for us each season.
One private nanny is permitted to look after:
- TWO children where the youngest is under 2 years
- THREE children aged 2 and over, or
- FOUR children aged 5 and over
If you have children of mixed age groups, please call our sales team on 02088751957 for advice on how many nannies you will require. Please note that in some instances you may be advised to book 2 nannies, even if the above ratios are being adhered to i.e when 3 children are 2 years old, we would recommend 2 nannies.
Prices - any 8 hours between 8am & 8pm
||6 Dec, 15 & 22 Apr
||All other dates
* Dec 6 and Apr 22 dates apply to Val d'Isere only. ** Peak dates are 20 & 2 Dec, 3 Jan, 11 & 18 Feb, 25 Mar and 1 & 8 Apr. Prices quoted are for 5½ days from Monday to Saturday with a half-day off mid-week (normally Wednesday). On the nanny half-day, you can choose for your nanny to work 8:30am to 1:30pm or 12 noon to 5:00pm.
Half days or reduced hours are available on selected weeks, please call us on 02088751957 for prices.
Babies under 4 months old
We want all the family to experience the delights of snow, so will endeavour to provide childcare service for little ones as young as 12 weeks old. Please do call our sales team on 02088751957 to discuss your requirements.
We're more than happy to organise babysitting on the chalet host's night off. This will be charged at: €12 an hour before midnight and €15 after midnight. On New Years Eve they will charge €15 per hour before midnight and €20 per hour after midnight. Please email our Sales Team to discuss booking this service.
We realise that not everyone has the same routine, especially whilst on holiday, so our private nanny service is built on flexibility. You can choose which 8 consecutive hours you would like your nanny to work each day between 8am and 8pm. There is no need to confirm these times until you meet your nanny in resort, and you can even choose to change them day to day. Our nannies work 5½ days from Monday to Saturday with a half-day off mid-week (normally Wednesday). On the nanny half-day, you can choose for your nanny to work 8:30am to 1:30pm or 12 noon to 5:00pm.
Half days or reduced hours are available on selected weeks, and are equally flexible. Please call us on 0208 875 1957 to discuss your requirements.
We know how daunting it can be planning a ski holiday with childcare… an even more daunting experience for the children meeting someone new! Which is why on the first evening of your holiday, your nanny will come to your chalet to meet you and get to know the children. This is a good opportunity to chat through the week ahead and discuss your children’s routine. Your nanny will also come to ski school on the first morning, irrespective of whether this falls inside the working hours you have requested, to meet your child’s instructor and confirm class details.
What The Children Can Expect
Our private nannies will care for your children in the comfort and familiar surroundings of your own chalet, and arrange with our drivers for any lifts needed for children’s weary legs after ski lessons. In Les Gets, the nannies will be able to use the children’s playroom in the hotel.
Lunch time will involve something fresh and nutritious, but most importantly something your child likes – your nanny will discuss this with you when you arrive. For younger infants on bottles or purees, your nanny will happily prepare any special feeds needed too.
Any good workman has a big box of tools, and our private nannies are no exception. Your nanny will bring a box of goodies to the chalet; games, books, toys and art materials, and the youngsters can look forward to creative activities, baking, and messy play too. Weather permitting, and with your consent, they will go out for walks, trips on the bubble, build snowmen and have fun in the snow. Your nanny will know all the best sledging areas, tastiest hot chocolate and hidden secrets of the resort, whether it’s a visit to the farm in Val d’Isere, the huskies in Alpe d’Huez or ice caves in La Plagne.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the popularity of our childcare facilities, early booking is absolutely essential. Our private nanny service is available in all resorts, with the exception of Zermatt and Verbier. For further information, please contact our team on 0208 875 1957 or email email@example.com
Here are some little known facts about our fantastic nanny service. We take great pride in providing the perfect ski holiday with childcare;
- You will receive a ‘nanny profile’ before you travel so you know a little more about who will be looking after your children
- A Sunday night welcome meeting with your nanny gives you the opportunity to ask any questions and discuss the plan for the week
- Complete flexibility - you can change hours from day to day, no need to decide ahead of your holiday
- Our nannies can accompany younger children during ski school (subject to ski school consent)
- Our nannies can bring children up the mountain to meet you for lunch
- Our nannies can administer medication (with written permission)
- Children can look forward to play dates with other children and nannies
- Our nannies are more than happy to help with any holiday homework
- All nannies have mobile phones so are fully contactable
Our ski resort nannies are personally recruited and trained by Andrew, our dedicated Childcare Manager. They are chosen for their experience, maturity, confidence and enthusiasm. The average age of our nannies last season was 24. During their training course at the start of the season, as well as updating Health and Safety qualifications, the nannies have sessions in practical cooking, basic French, indoor and outdoor play and even learn how to sledge safely!
Andrew gets to know each nanny personally, and will try and match the most suitable nanny to each family based on their experience and personality. Shortly before you travel, you will get a short profile of your nanny so that you know a little bit about their background and the children know who they will be playing with in resort.
You can be assured we select the best candidates and employ the people we know will ensure your children have the best ski holiday possible. What's more, all our nannies;
- Are qualified, not just “experienced”
- Have been personally interviewed and references taken
- Are CRB cleared
- Complete a 10 day training course in resort
- Complete 2 day Paediatric First Aid course, tailored to the Alpine environment
- Have Food Hygiene training
- Have Fire safety training
Montjola & Theodul Kids
Our Montjola Kids & Theodul Kids service is available for our Austrian hotels. This is a shared nanny service created specifically for families staying in the Hotel Montjola or Hotel Theodul with ski school aged children
- The Montjola/Theodul Kids Nanny can look after 4 children from 3 - 12 yrs
- Our nannies do not accompany ski school drop off – however the nanny will accompany the children and parents on the 1st day to ski school
- Nannies will collect children from ski school for afternoon care.
- Nannies will only provide a drop off for children booked into Bambinis (St Anton)
- The Theodul Kids nanny will collect children from ski school at 1200 for Kinderclub (Lech) or 1500 (Kids group lessons)
- Lunch is only included for those children booked into Bambinis/Kinderclub lessons
- A supervised kids tea is available Monday - Friday
- Montjola/Theodul Kids is 6 day service
- Hours are set to work around children’s ski school. This will be discussed when you arrive in resort.
- Younger children booked into Bambinis will be cared for from 09:30 by the nanny.
- Younger children booked into Kinderclub will be cared for from 12:00 by the nanny.
Price: £195 per child per week