Enthusiastic, qualified and caring
If you are planning a family ski holiday and are exploring childcare options then you are in the right place. Our nannies will make your holiday and spoil you with a freedom you’d forgotten existed. Enthusiastic, qualified and caring, they’ll come to your chalet, look after the children, waft them effortlessly from pyjamas to piste if required, and allow you to get on with what you came for. Regrettably they are not available to take home (Well not entirely true to be honest, as a many of our longer serving nannies have eventually gone on to work for our guests!)
We provide our private nanny service in Val d'Isere, Meribel, Morzine, Les Gets, Alpe d'Huez, La Plagne and St Anton. Regrettably we do not currently offer childcare in Zermatt or Verbier. You're in the right place if you're looking for ski holidays with childcare.
Only the best will do
We have gone to great lengths to ensure that you will enjoy your ski holiday with childcare, and you will feel absolutely confident in our nannies ability to care for your children. We take on nannies with NNEB or equivalent qualifications, or experienced teachers who pass our own rigorous screening and CRB checks. All nannies then undertake our 2 week training programmes, including a paediatric first aid course.
As keen skiers with little ones ourselves, we fully understand that happy children make for relaxed parents and that quality childcare is an essential ingredient to every family holiday. The growing reputation of our childcare is reflected in the consistently glowing reports received in our questionnaires, and the number of nannies who return to work for us each season.
One private nanny is permitted to look after:
- TWO Infants aged 6 months-2 years, or
- THREE children aged 2 and over, or
- FOUR children aged 5 and over
If you have children of mixed age groups, please call our childcare line for advice on how many nannies you will require. Please note that in some instances you may be advised to book 2 nannies, even if the above ratios are being adhered to i.e when 3 children are 2 years old, we would recommend 2 nannies. Half days or reduced hours are available on selected weeks, please call us on 0844 557 3119 for prices.
Prices - any 8 hours between 8am & 8pm
|8 Dec, 20 Apr*||Peak dates**||All other dates|
* Dec 8 and Apr 20 dates apply to Val d'Isere only. ** Peak dates are 22 & 29 Dec, 16 Feb, 30 Mar and 6 Apr.
Prices quoted are for 5½ days from Monday to Saturday with a half-day off mid-week (normally Wednesday). On the nanny half-day, you can choose for your nanny to work 8:30am to 1:30pm or 12 noon to 5:00pm.
Babies under 6 months old
We want all the family to experience the delights of snow, so will endevour to provide childcare service for little ones as young as 12 weeks old. Please do call Rachael, our Childcare Manager on 0844 557 3119 to discuss your requirements.
Hotel Montjola shared nanny
The 2013-14 season welcomes the introduction of Montjola Kids, created specifically for those families staying in the Hotel Montjola with ski school aged children.
- The Montjola Kids Nanny can look after 4 children from 3yrs to 12ys
- She will collect from ski school at 12 midday (for bambini) or 3pm (for minis and kids group lessons)
- There is no nanny accompanied ski school drop off – however the nanny will accompany the children and parents on the 1st day to ski school
- Lunch is included and provided at the hotel for those children collected at midday
- Supervised kids tea allowing parents to enjoy après ski
- It’s a 6 day service.
- Hours are; Midday – 18.30 or 15:00 – 18.30 Monday to Friday and 09.00 – 17:00pm Saturday (no ski school).
- Price £325 or £275 respectively: but we are launching with an introductory price of £175 per child per week
We realise that not everyone had the same routine, especially whilst on holiday, so our private nanny service is built on flexibility. You can choose which 8 consecutive hours you would like your nanny to work each day between 8am and 8pm. There is no need to confirm these times until you meet your nanny in resort, and you can even choose to change them day to day. Our nannies work 5½ days from Monday to Saturday with a half-day off mid-week (normally Wednesday). On the nanny half-day, you can choose for your nanny to work 8:30am to 1:30pm or 12 noon to 5:00pm.
Half days or reduced hours are available on selected weeks, and are equally flexible. Please call us on 0844 557 3119 to discuss your requirements.
We know how daunting it can be planning a ski holiday with childcare, and a daunting experience for the children meeting someone new. Which is why on the first evening of your holiday, your nanny will come to your chalet to meet you and get to know the children. This is a good opportunity to chat through the week ahead and discuss your children’s routine. Your nanny will also come to ski school on the first morning, irrespective of whether this falls inside the working hours you have requested, to meet your child’s instructor and confirm class details.
What The Children Can Expect
Our private nannies will care for your children in the comfort and familiar surroundings of your own chalet, and arrange with our drivers for any lifts needed for children’s weary legs after ski lessons. In Les Gets, the nannies will be able to use the children’s playroom in the hotel.
Lunch time will involve something fresh and nutritious, but most importantly something your child likes – your nanny will discuss this with you when you arrive. For younger infants on bottles or purees, your nanny will happily prepare any special feeds needed too.
Any good workman has a big box of tools, and our private nannies are no exception. Your nanny will bring a box of goodies to the chalet; games, books, toys and art materials, and the youngsters can look forward to creative activities, baking, and messy play too. Weather permitting, and with your consent, they will go out for walks, trips on the bubble, build snowmen and have fun in the snow. Your nanny will know all the best sledging areas, tastiest hot chocolate and hidden secrets of the resort, whether it’s a visit to the farm in Val d’Isere, the huskies in Alpe d’Huez or ice caves in La Plagne.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the popularity of our childcare facilities, early booking is absolutely essential. Our private nanny service is available in all resorts, with the exception of Zermatt and Verbier. For further information, please contact our childcare manager Rachael Waite, on 0207 100 5323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some little known facts about our fantastic nanny service. We take great pride in providing the perfect ski holiday with childcare;
- You will receive a ‘nanny profile’ before you travel so you know a little more about who will be looking after your children
- A Sunday night welcome meeting with your nanny gives you the opportunity to ask any questions and discuss the plan for the week
- Complete flexibility - you can change hours from day to day, no need to decide ahead of your holiday
- Our nannies can accompany younger children during ski school (subject to ski school consent)
- Our nannies can bring children up the mountain to meet you for lunch
- Our nannies can administer medication (with written permission)
- Children can look forward to play dates with other children and nannies
- Our nannies are more than happy to help with any holiday homework
- All nannies have mobile phones so are fully contactable
Our ski resort nannies are personally recruited and trained by Rachael, our dedicated Childcare Manager. They are chosen for their experience, and maturity, confidence and enthusiasm. The average age of our nannies last season was 24. During their training course at the start of the season, as well as updating Health and Safety qualifications, the nannies have sessions in practical cooking, basic French, indoor and outdoor play and even learn how to sledge safely!
Rachael gets to know each nanny personally, and will try and match the most suitable nanny to each family based on their experience and personality. Shortly before you travel, you will get a short profile of your nanny so that you know a little bit about their background and the children know who they will be playing with in resort.
You can be assured we select the best candidates and employ the people we know will ensure your children have the best ski holiday possible. What's more, all our nannies;
- Are qualified, not just “experienced”
- Have been personally interviewed and references taken
- Are CRB cleared
- Complete a 10 day training course in resort
- Complete 2 day Paediatric First Aid course, tailored to the Alpine environment
- Have Food Hygiene training
- Have Fire safety training
Latest guest reviews – Childcare
Rachael Waite, Childcare Manager
Rachael is our Childcare Manager and is available to speak to about anything child related. Rachael recruits her team during the summer ready for the winter season. As you would expect, all of Rachael's nannies are highly qualified and rigorously vetted. Most come from personal recommendations.