Wed March 28, 2018
Everyone has their own Easter traditions. Whether it's a family Easter egg hunt, Sunday lunch or even an Easter ski holiday...we're certain you'll have a fantastic weekend!
If you're stuck for something to make this Easter, or perhaps you need something with a luxury touch, check out our recipe for a delicious roast lamb dinner
Roast lamb with rosemary & peppercorn red wine reduction
- 1 x 1.5kg boned leg of lamb
- 3-4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 30ml butter
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 500ml red wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp corn flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 5.
2. Rub your leg of lamb all over with olive oil and salt and pepper and place in a roasting tray. Roast for about 1hr 30minutes in the preheated oven, basting occasionally.
3. When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 20-30 minutes.
4. While the lamb is resting, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the shallots, tomato, peppercorns and rosemary for about 2 minutes, until the shallots are softened. Add the wine and reduce to a third. Add the stock and allow to reduce again, then thicken with corn flour if necessary. (Make sure you cook it for at least 10 minutes after adding the corn flour to cook out the floury taste.) Strain the sauce through a sieve, season to taste, then serve with the sliced lamb.
Serve with roast potatoes, cauliflower puree, roasted root vegetables and green beans
Looking for an Easter break?
We've got a handful of rooms left in Val d'Isere for this weekend from £1200pp. We also have some availability for holidays on 8 April from £700pp. Click here to see our special offers for upcoming weeks.
Easter opening hours
Good Friday: Open 10am – 5pm
Saturday 31 March: Open 10am – 2pm
Sunday 1 April: CLOSED
Easter Monday: Open 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 3 April: Normal office hours resume.
Don't forget, you can search live availability and book online using our website. Our team will confirm your booking as soon as they are in the office.